B Corp Certification
“Certified B Corporations are a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit. They are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. This is a community of leaders, driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good.” – B Corporation
Vancouver Film Studios is leading the way for the film industry as the first film and television production facility in the world to become a Certified B Corporation!
We are proud to join a growing group of companies around the world that use business as a force for good.
What does this mean?
- B Corp Certification holds us to the highest social, ethical and environmental standards.
- It demonstrates our commitment to weighing employee welfare, the environment and community engagement equally with financial performance of the company.
- We have been assessed on our governance, treatment of employees, relationship with customers, community engagement, sustainable practices, and openness to scrutiny.
- Disclosure is an important component of B Corp Certification: Our certification comes with a Transparent Assessment which includes how we qualified and how we compare to other B Corps.
- We are committed to contributing to positive changes within the film and television industry as a whole, working with our suppliers, clients and competitors to reduce the impact of filming, contribute to society and improve working conditions.
- We will build on areas of performance including environmental and community engagement while continuing to strive to be leaders within our industry as we go through the process of re-certifying every three years.
For more information on B Corporations and the certification process, please visit https://bcorporation.net/about-b-corps.
Why Vancouver Film Studios & B Corp?
For over 20 years Vancouver Film Studios has been committed to leading positive change to benefit our employees, the communities we are a part of and the environment around us. Now as a certified B Corp we demonstrate further commitment to progress and transparency to help lead a force for good within our industry and our B Local communities.
- On-site waste reduction and recycling facilities
- On-site EV charging stations
- On-site cigarette disposal facilities
- Carbon neutral since 2008
- Monitoring consumption and working to implement targets
- Working with supply chain to implement targets for reductions
- Climate Smart Certified
- Under construction of the first LEEDS certified sound stage in Canada
- Installing the first solar array on a sound stage in Canada
- Family owned and operated
- 100% of employees are eligible for health care coverage
- 100% of employees are paid at least the equivalent of a living wage for an individual
- 100% of employees receive a monetary bonus
- +50% of managers identify as women
- 2020 Canadian Small and Medium Business Employer of the Year Winner
- Employees are given 16 hours of paid volunteer time each year
- Facilities designed to meet accessibility requirements
- Hiring policies committed to diversity, equity & inclusion
- 9% of revenue donated
- Continuously supported Collingwood Neighbourhood house for 20-plus years
- Donated $1 million to Vancouver General Hospital Foundation
- Formal statement created to factor social and environmental impact in company operations
- Average supplier relationship exceeds 60 months
For more information please see our B Corp Press Release.