Aviation for film and television are provided by Blackcomb Helicopters at Vancouver Film Studios.
Blackcomb Helicopters was founded in 1989 to provide aircraft for productions requiring aerial expertise. Today it’s one of the Pacific Northwest’s leading independent helicopter charter companies.
In addition to providing helicopter charter services for executive travel, utility providers, tourism operators and emergency medical services, Blackcomb Helicopters is internationally known for expertise in coordinating and filming in challenging and hostile terrains. From location scouting to stunk work, our aerial coordinator and film pilots have tens of thousands of flight hours and hundreds of credits on award-winning feature films, television series, televised sporting events, documentaries and TV commercials.
Blackcomb Helicopters is ARG/US, FAA and Wyvern approved and features a large range of well-maintained aircraft.
- Location scouting, featuring film pilots and mountain guides intimately familiar with BC’s backcountry
- Aerial coordination services, working closely with production to book flights that bring scripts to life
- Aircraft equipped with cameras, featuring helicopters equipped as picture ships and camera ships
- Permits and safety briefings, from special low flying permits to safety coordination for film shoots
- Aerial camera mounts, including Eclipse, Wescam, Spacecam, Tyler, Cineplex, Shotover, and Super G mounts